So it’s Hug Day today! 🙂 I luvz me some hugging!
Hugging is definitely a powerful way of healing. Research shows that hugging (and also laughter) is extremely effective at healing sickness, disease, loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress.
Research shows that a proper deep hug, where the hearts are pressing together, can benefit you in these ways:
1. The nurturing touch of a hug builds trust and a sense of safety. This helps with open and honest communication.
2. Hugs can instantly boost oxytocin levels, which help to heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
3. Holding a hug for an extended time lifts one’s serotonin levels, elevating mood and creating happiness
4. Hugs strengthen the immune system.
5. Hugging boosts self-esteem
. It shows us that we’re loved and special.
6. Hugging relaxes muscles. Hugs release tension in the body. Hugs can take away pain.